The renowned Kyambura Gorge Lodge, with entirely remodeled public areas and gardens, has been converted from a coffee store to create a breathtakingly beautiful space. Located on the edge of Queen Elizabeth National Park the lodge has sweeping views of the rolling savanna, the distant Mountains of the Moon, and the sunken Kyambura Gorge.
Guest bandas have an afro-chic theme with an accent on local artifacts re-imagined in a new context. Each banda offers a unique view either across the savanna or the gorge. There are four new deluxe bandas and four standard bandas. A new spa and swimming pool was launched in 2019.
The lodge is the ideal location for tracking the lost chimps in the sunken forest of Kyambura Gorge nearby and seeing the amazing game in one of Africa’s most beautiful parks, centered around the waterway of the Kazinga Channel. The park has six hundred amazing bird species, the highest in an African park.
Guests can participate in the Kyambura Gorge Eco-tourism project, a series of community and conservation activities developed since 2009 to safeguard the Kyambura Gorge ecosystem.
New walking safaris have been created around the lodge to experience the dramatic landscapes of Kyambura gorge and the Queen Elizabeth savannah, and visit a reclaimed wetland. Guests can walk along the Kyambura gorge buffer zone we have created to protect the fragile ecosystem from encroachment and contribute to its long-term conservation project by planting a seedling.
- 8 unique luxury bandas, of which 4 deluxe bandas with iron-sheet or thatch roofs, all with a private balcony offering spectacular views of the park. 1 guide cottage available.
- All rooms are complete with en-suite bathrooms with a flushing toilet, double vanity, and shower with hot & cold running water.
- Salt-water swimming pool with expansive views.
- Personal butler service for all guests.
- Outdoor swimming pool overlooking the Rwenzori Mountains, Queen Elizabeth National Park, and Kyambura Gorge.
- Tranquil massage room available to every guest.
- Full board accommodation including all soft drinks and house alcoholic beverages (excludes premium drinks).
- Complimentary laundry service.
- Power sockets/charging facilities and hairdryers are available in the rooms. No air conditioners.
- Wi-Fi and internet access are available in the main lodge only (connection can be slow).